Sunday, September 16, 2012

Class Has Officially Began

I started my Masters Program in Special Education this week. For the next two years (including summers) I will have class every Tuesday and Thursday night. My first class seems relatively easy. Most of our grade is attendance and participation. I am excited to learn more about Special Education and how to better service my kiddos.
Work went pretty well this week. Nothing to exciting. I am slowly learning my kiddos and how to teach them to where they will make the most gains. My new job is definitely interesting but I do find myself missing being in a gen. ed. classroom.  I will for sure teach Resource this year and next year. After that, who knows? It all depends on job availability and if I stay in Vegas.
Friday night mom and I went out. We ate at the Orleans Buffet and then played some slot machines. At the end of the night, we each walked out with $15 more than we had started. 
Saturday was mom and dad's anniversary. It was a difficult day for mom but she pulled through. Saturday morning I went and did Baptisms for the Dead with my friend Brian. We then had breakfast at Blueberry Hill (Dad and I used to go there when I was little). Saturday night I got to babysit Molly. It was so much fun hanging out with her for the night.
Sunday morning I made oreos and then went to church. The oreos were for our New Member Activity. Sadly, my Lions and my Braves were both on TV (which never happens) at the same time! Lots of channel flipping was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment